Read our general guidelines here.
Award-winning literary travel magazine Nowhere is accepting submissions for our inaugural Emerging Travel Writers’ Prize.
We are looking for never-been-published writers from anywhere in the world to send us stories—long-form fiction, short story, narrative nonfiction, essay or poetry—that possess a powerful sense of place.
- Authors must never before have been published.
- Entries must not have been published previously in any form.
- Entries must be submitted in English, though authors may be located anywhere in the universe.
- Stories should run between eight hundred and five thousand words. Poetry may be any length, and several poems, themed together, may be submitted as one entry.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please indicate this in your cover letter. If your submission is accepted elsewhere for publication during the contest period, please withdraw your entry.
- Multiple entries from a single author, submitted individually, are welcome.
- Please leave off any identifying information from your attachment—no names, contact information, etc. Every submission will be read blind, so anyone can win!
- Please do not insert graphics, images or video into your attachment. Please use a widely available font (Arial, Times New Roman, Helvetica, etc.) in 12-point size, with spacing set to 1.5 or 2 and with 1-inch margins.
The winner will receive US$500, with publication in Nowhere granted under First North American Serial Rights (FNASR). Up to ten finalists also will be published.
Brush off your manuscripts or write something new and send it to the only literary travel magazine going! The contest deadline is 11:59 p.m. EST on February 29, 2020.
We look forward to reading your work!